What reflexology can help with
Reflexology is a non-invasive holistic treatment. Reflexology is based on the theory that every part of the body is mapped out on the feet, hands and ears. Specific locations on the feet or hands are activated with varying finger tip pressures which aim to relax and rebalance the body allowing it to heal itself.
Reflexology can help with all aspects of health problems from every day ailments to long term chronic illness and can act as a preventative measure by helping to relax and de-stress. Some common conditions which can benefit from reflexology are listed below:
- Digestion issues – IBS, indigestion, reflux, constipation
- Headaches & migraines
- Insomnia – Difficulty sleeping
- Hormone imbalances – hypo/hyperthyroidism, painful or irregular menstrual cycles, menopausal problems
- Painful & Inflammatory Conditions – Rheumatoid & Osteo-Arthritis, Backache, Sciatica
- Stress, anxiety and depression
- Pregnancy related symptoms – backache, constipation, nausea, preparing for childbirth, helping to encourage labour once full term is reached
- Infertility (using Reproductive reflexology)
Reproductive reflexology uses specific reflexology techniques to enhance fertility and assist couples who are struggling to conceive. Reproductive reflexology aims to balance any hormonal irregularities, including focusing on any underlying conditions such as PCOS or endometriosis, regulate the menstrual cycle and therefore improve the chances of conception, preparing the body to be at it’s optimum fertility to support a pregnancy . These specialised techniques are also used effectively during assisted fertility treatments such as IVF or ICSI/IUI. Research has shown that stress can be a contributing factor in infertilty, reflexology therefore aims to alleviate and reduce stress levels and increase relaxation which is so important during what is undoubtably a very stressful time . For many, reproductive reflexology has proven to be a natural and holistic approach to boosting fertility and therefore improving the chances of conception.